Features of the Week
Lots of energy related news in this week's "Features", and plenty more besides...
1. Oil climbs above $126, as commodities benefit from dollar flight.
2. Putting $120+ oil in perspective: Jim Rogers, Bill Powers, Matt Simmons.
3. (Video) T. Boone Pickens discusses wind power and energy policy during the Milken Institute Global Conference.
5. Uh oh: Zimbabwe bank officials now praising our officials.
6. FT correspondent Jack Fairweather describes changing perspectives in Iraq.
7. Post-election violence in Zimbabwe escalates.
8. Tea with Greenspan down 65%, and other casualties of a weak economy.
9. "Why not let the markets set prices?", asks Peter Schiff.
10. Mish on tax rebates and "economic stimulus nonsense".
11. Icap founder Michael Spencer launches a new Africa and Middle East investment fund.
12. Calling oil wrong: misinterpreting the forward market price curve.
13. Election year + $124 crude oil = silly solutions: Caroline Baum.
14. Recession is in the eye of the beholder: Financial Philosopher.
16. Hedge funds: Some winners in the tumult are emerging.
18. David Bowie chats with Dick Cavett and performs a few songs in this 1974 Dick Cavett Show appearance (Part one, part two, part three, part four, part five). A preview to our weekend jukebox feature.
Thanks for reading Finance Trends Matter. Hope you've enjoyed this week's posts.
We are always pleased to welcome new readers and regular visitors. If you would like to bookmark this site for future reference or share our posts with others, please do so.
You can also subscribe to our site feed and read all our updated posts in your favorite feed reader.
Enjoy your weekend!