Equity Bulls Charge Back with Fury
Preceded by historic all-time highs , and fast approaching a rather rapid 61.8% retracement the from their recent January lows, a furious V-shaped recovery rally in the stock market (as represented here by the Dow) appears poised to do just that, and quite possibly a whole lot more.
The massive V-shape rally launched from the February low appears impulsive, suggesting that odds favor some level of follow-thru going forward.
So long as the February low holds, upon further backing and filling, any sustained trade and closes north of 16,114 and/or especially the 16,318 level, will greatly increase odds for fresh all-time record highs.
The three-wave corrective nature of the initial move down (circled) from the top in question, is problematic for the bears. Thereafter, a sudden, all-at-once, quintessentially orchestrated decline found big support following temporary breach of the large mid-channel support line noted.
Given that the turn-date highlighted on 12-30-13 anticipated a satisfactorily accurate proximity of the top in question, we suspect the turn-date slated for 2-24-14 may mark another such high/low pivot marker.
Until Next Time,
For long-term investors self-directing exposure to the S&P 500, Gold, and Silver, the Guardian Revere Trend Monitor is an excellent long-term market timing and alert-service with an outstanding record of accomplishment in keeping its clients on the right side of long-term trends.
For active traders and investors, the Chart Cast Pilot takes it up several notches in sharing its programmed trades across all three time-frames in the major indices and amongst a basket of the most widely held stocks.
If you are uncertain what kind of trader/investor you are, click here to consider which of our electronic trading-alert services might suit you best in this endeavor.
Ten things you can do right now to protect your wealth, health, and investments:
- Get out of debt (100% debt free is the ultimate goal)
- Protect your cash flows
- Maintain physical cash on hand (6-12 months of living expenses)
- Maintain physical possession of Gold and Silver (re-balance annually at 15% of net worth)
- Maintain a 3-12 month supply of non-perishable food reserves and water
- Protect your stock investments from broker bankruptcy & theft
- Learn about the safe use of firearms for personal security
- Hedge all bets using separate brokerages accounts that enable true strategic diversification
- Use timeframe specific strategies to manage like accounts
- Maintain prudent unbiased disciplines in executing and managing your strategic plans