SocGen CEO to Ruhle: Putin More Rational Than Some Think; Wants 'Self-Funded' Growth in Russia
In an interview with Bloomberg's Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle), Societe Generale Chairman/CEO Frederic Oudea said he has had a 'good' experience doing business in Russia on a daily basis and wants to grow there by limiting risk.
Oudea also said:
- "Self-funded development" in Russia is key
- SocGen sees many clients going to Russia, wants to accompany them.
- Putin has been more rational than some people think.
- No reason for Russia to change rules of doing business in Russia.
- Talent must be rewarded, but people must be motivated by what they do [re: Banker's pay]
- Everyone is motivated by pay, but it can't just be pay, we must build a different culture.
- Barclays moving toward a SocGen model.
SocGen Wants 'Self-Funded' Growth in Russia: CEO